June Howard joined Aflac in June 2009 as vice president and was promoted to senior vice president and chief accounting officer in November 2010. She is responsible for consolidated accounting and financial reporting, strategic sourcing and procurement, investment accounting, tax, accounting policy, and financial planning and analysis.
Before joining Aflac, she held financial reporting positions of increasing responsibility at ING and The Hartford. Additionally, she worked as an auditor with Ernst & Young for nearly 10 years.
June has received a number of recognitions in 2017 including:
- Two American Business Awards:
- Gold Stevie award for Women in Business for Mentor/Coach of the Year;
- Bronze Stevie award for Financial Services Executive of the Year;
- Women of Distinction award by the Girl Scouts of Historic Georgia; and
- Silver Women World Award for Woman of the Year.
June graduated from the University of Alabama in Huntsville with a bachelor’s degree in business administration. She is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants, the CFA Institute and the Atlanta Society of Financial Analysts.